Monday, June 28, 2010

More Amazed

She's wired tonight. Doesn't want to go to sleep. My fault...gave her cookies too late and was really curious about the Bachelorette this evening. Sure, it's a waste of time, but hey, it's my guilty pleasure (still missed who she sent home). I can't fault Jesse. Not sure what happened to the routine. What routine? Yeah, I used to be big on that. But, I guess I'm like most parents. With the first child, we have all our t's crossed and i's dotted. We leave the house fully prepared with those disposable changing pads, buggy seat covers and and endless supply of wipes. There is a routine...a time for everything....snack, nap, dinner, bed.

Then, the second child comes along and all these rules start to...well, get a little less defined. Maybe it's because it's summer. Maybe it's because we realize how quickly it all goes by. Maybe it's because we are constantly amazed by them and want to soak more time with them in. Maybe we're just tired. Who knows. Who cares. It is what it is. And how the hell do you say no to that face anyway? Nearly impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment