Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dream a Little Dream

There it is. Can you see it? Already. Every night after bath, just before bedtime she says, "See the Moon?" Ok baby. We walk out the front door most of those nights. Begin the search. If we can't see it, lately we just enjoy the fire flies. But the nights we do, oh, those are special.

How? Is it just a coincidence? I don't know. Maybe. But, on this night, I felt like I was looking in a mirror. She's dreamy. She's dreamy like me. I saw the part of me that grew up wanting so badly to go there and touch that beautiful, heavenly object.

Guess I'll tell her what my Mama told me.

Inside the front cover of,
The Astronauts
The First 25 Years of Manned Space Flight
By Bill Yenne

And then I'll tell her she made all my dreams come true.

3 comments:

  1. Heather.. you humble me with your sweet mother-like quality..... I am assuming you are being what you were taught by your mother. Wow, if your mother was anything like you are - Wow...... You bring me to tears - I want that for me and my kids..I want a mother to let me try and encourage me to touch the moon and I want to be that mom for my babies also.... You seem to allow each moment to become a learning or a creative experience.. You remind me a little of my Dad.. who once told my mother to stop the car when I asked him what is was like to ride the bus... I found out that day... I try my best to become more like that and let the unimportant things (like a bad day at work or laundry) slide..

    ReplyDelete
  2. And girl...not only are you blessed but so are your babies and your hubby... they are blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather these blogs are some of the best I have ever read, your Mom would be so proud of you, YOU ARE A GREAT MOM!!! LOVE AND MISS YOU TORI

    ReplyDelete