Thursday, November 18, 2010

I never was a Cornflake Girl

I've had a reoccurring thought the last few days.  It’s so good to be in my 30’s and be myself and not care what anybody thinks.  I’m just sayin’.  It’s awesome.  With that said…

I like Apple Jacks, Reese’s Puffs, Blueberry Morning and flakes with raisins and almonds and stuff.  I like making recipes out of Jelly Belly Jelly Beans….chocolate covered cherry is my favorite.  I hate tea.  I’ve never had a Big Mac in my life.  Last night, my dinner consisted of the ends I cut off my kids' toast, a couple pieces of sliced ham, Chex Mix, a few left over tootsie rolls and a glass of wine.  All while in motion.  I hate cleaning bathrooms.  I love to vacuum.  I love this song.  It’s a little dark and I like that.  I wish I could play the piano like she does.  I like to sing and dance with my kids and create our own little concerts.  I love high heels (especially red ones) and tall boots.  I hope I live at least till I’m 80 so I can wear them the entire time.  I’m sure I'll be 80 with long hair.  I am an Aerospace Engineer.  I am proud of that, but it doesn’t define me.  I hate working in a cubicle every day.  I can’t sing out loud to the ipod music in my ears that gets me through, and I don't have a window.  I function better with a little natural light.  I need more sun in my life.

I am a mother.  I strive to be as good as mine was.  I love this job the best.  I love these two beautiful children so much it hurts.  I stare at their pictures when I am away from them and count down the minutes till I can see them again.  They are my biggest accomplishment.  They always will be.






How will we raise them right?  Not totally sure.  I know this.  I will remind them over and over and over to always be themselves.  My Mama never followed the normal or typical path.  She did what made her happy and people were drawn to her.

“This above all:  to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man.  Farewell, my blessing season this in thee!” -William Shakespeare

I was reminded of this quote recently by Kelle Hampton.  I think I should pay it forward.  It is pretty powerful.  You bet your life it is.

I sure do like blogging.  It’s good for me.  I think I’ll keep doing it.  I can be me.  To thine own self be true!

What makes you YOU?  Think about it.  Whatever it is, it’s good stuff…even if it’s just cornflakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment