Thursday, November 4, 2010

24/7

When you are a full-time working Mom, well, it's more than full time, it's 24/7.  I spend my entire day trying to figure out some algorithm of some sort and I come home and immediately begin studying for spelling, reading, grammar and whatever.  We spent 2 hours between those subjects tonight.  Jonah's in first grade.  Did we have fun tonight playing games?  Well, I tried to make it fun by giving a treat from the Halloween bag for every correctly spelled Spelling word.  That's about as much fun as we had.  What's wrong with this???  I wish I could ask my Mama....did you do this with me in first grade?  Probably not.  Is it public school now?  What the hell do they do during the day?  What if I didn't do anything with him at night?  Do other parents spend this much time?  I don't know.  Right now, I just feel exhausted and all of the sudden home schooling seems ideal.  Sorry to complain, but I could teach him whatever they do all day at school in two hours at home and be done.  That's all I'm saying about that.

I need a happy picture.  Actually, this one seems to be just right.  Frustration release.  Thank you.


Calming down now.  Just needed to let that out.  Tracy Chapman helps too.  But really, he did so well for me tonight.  He didn't complain too much at all.  After spelling, then nouns, then reading comprehension....and then guess what he said?  "I have one more homework!"  I'm like, what?  He said science.  I said OK.  We did science.  He's an awesome kid.  What would I do without him?  I guess Entertainment Tonight and that crap is not that important.  It would be nice to have a conversation with my love though.  Maybe later.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment