Sunday, April 22, 2012

Safe and Sound

On Saturday, between sporting events, I had the TV on the CMT Top 20 Countdown.  I do love to have music playing in the house.  We so enjoyed and danced to Toby Keith's Red Solo Cup, but then this beauty of a song came on.  It was like the world stopped spinning, and Jesse was screaming my name as soon as Taylor opened her mouth.  Taylor Swift and The Civil Wars together...it's just her dream come true.  Mama!!!  Mama!!!  Hurry!!!  I heard the tune and knew what was playing.  And...I ran to her as quickly as I could stuff the stupid folded towels in the linen closet.

April2012_2164_blog-1.jpg

And she was twirling on the rug in front of the TV.  It was graceful.  It was if the music was speaking to her.



She knows the words...mainly just the beginning and she hums the rest.



And today, she did the same thing on my bed as we downloaded it on iTunes.



And as usual, I stared at her.  She's just so captivating to me.  Mommy eyes is what it's called.  Isn't it funny how they can drive you crazy (you know what I mean), but then there are moments like this that you can just sit and admire them for hours?  You wish the moment would never end.  You try your very best to lock it away...safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment