Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Next Day

My dear friend called me today and said simply, “Don’t you know you aren’t supposed to wear white pants after Labor Day?”  THIS is why I love her.  Everyone deserves a friend just like this.  She's awesome.

Ivory corduroys...thin ivory corduroys.

They are still soaking in my bathroom sink.  I may never wear them again.  Eventually I will ring them out and decide whether or not they can be saved.

Got my car the next day.  There were a few cars still sitting on the side of the road, waiting for someone to claim them, but this section was cleaned out.  Something so scary the night before was now so beautiful to me.


And check this out...CBS Atlanta at the entrance to my neighborhood.  They were probably looking for someone to volunteer a story.  I like to make fun of people who give their horror stories on the news.  "That there tornader nearly took the roof clear off my shed."  So, I rolled up the window, sunk down in my seat and hurried on by.  No, I don't know what all the fuss is about.  I would never get caught on an icy road and have to nearly crawl home in the dark. Only idiots do that sort of thing.

 

No, I was surely home enjoying this...


and my children and the signs of Christmas.



 


No, I would never be that stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment