Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pictures of Her

Here's a few pictures from late this afternoon.  Jonah and his Dad were playing baseball on a field just behind me.  Jesse was stuck with me and my big old camera.  She sighs through the first few clicks, then, she smiles when I get bit by a mosquito.

That's not very nice.

IMG_0161_blog-1.jpg

She looks so nice though.  I don't understand.

IMG_0161_blog-1.jpg

What is this?  Seriously?  Do you not know how badly I want a portrait of you my child?

IMG_0161_blog-1.jpg

And then she's back to the face I am used to.  You might see this as, "Sigh.  Please put your camera away woman."

But...

I see the look she gives me when she can't have ice cream for dinner.

I see what's left of those big cheeks.

I see those sweet, baby blues.

I'm thankful to not see anything running from her nose.

I see what I'm going to long for in 10 years.

I see the child that was so excited about reading one Easter and one Valentine's story before bedtime tonight.

I see a child I love all the way to the moon..her moon.

I told her that tonight, and you know what she said?  She said, "I love you all the way to the Pumpkin Patch!"

I loved that.  We're back to October.   In her mind, the pumpkin patch is not very close, but it's just a 45 minute drive North.  Goodness, that's forever!

It's good to be back here.  Have a great week.

2 comments: