Saturday, June 30, 2012

Moments

It's one thing to take pictures, and it's another to capture moments that take your breath away.  I try my hardest to capture moments, and I just get lucky sometimes.



I can't tell you how much the above picture makes me smile.  We were in Destin.  We had just finished breakfast in the village, and I had given Jonah and Jesse coins to throw in the fountain.  We do this every single year.  What is it about a fountain that makes a child's face light up like this?  I wanted to be sure to tell them to make a wish this year.  I almost didn't ask what their wishes were, but I was too curious.

I asked Jonah what he wished for first and he said, "I wished that I could fly."

I almost cried.

I asked Jesse next and she said, "I wished I had a unicorn!"

I have never heard her mention unicorns.  I don't talk about unicorns.  Where did this come from?

But, I tell you, I couldn't get these wishes out of my head.  They were both such good wishes.  So magical.  I'll never forget them.



She would have picked every flower in Destin if I would let her.  She has a wonderful appreciation for them.



I love how young she looks in this photo.  She's still my baby right here.



Somewhere between breakfast and lunch, we stopped at a diner for milkshakes, because this is what you do on vacation.  I took a zillion pictures of this moment.  You could probably put them together and make a movie.

June2012_Destin_4826_blog.jpg

My Jonah pulled us back to the village on several occassions because there were adventurious things to do there, like the Euro Bungee and the Zip-line.  He did them both.  I took a zillion pictures of those moments too, but this shot of him waiting in line spoke to me.

June2012_Destin_4725_blog.jpg

Anticipation.  You know, sometimes, that's the best part.



She said she wanted to bungee this year.  I bought her a ticket.  She watched in amazement at the children before her.



And then she watched Jonah.  And then she decided she wasn't ready, which was fine with me.  That means she is still my baby for one more year.  The year she bungees means she's growing up, and I don't know if I was ready for that.



There's a thousand more pictures between there and here.  I have been aching for the time to look through them.  Life is crazier than ever though.  I barely have a minute of time to myself, and the last thing I'm going to do is complain about it.

I'm just going to keep on going and loving capturing the moments that take my breath away.  Lord knows I'm going to have a hard time going through them all, but oh well.

2 comments:

  1. You have beautiful children and capture some really great pictures! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks! That was super sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete