Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Toe Pick

I'm going to go back in time to February.  I LOVE Spring, but above all years, I really feel like we were cheated of our Winter this year.  Seems like we are about to skip over Spring too, but anyway...back to February...back to sweater month and ice skates and Strawberry Shortcake.  I'm not going to say much tonight...I don't think.

February2012_Jesse4birthday_0360_blog.jpg

Kadee and Jesse...cousins...Best Friends forever.  She gave Jesse the sweetest necklace.  It's one of those Best Friends charm necklaces.  Each have half.  So sweet.





I think she might have spit on the cake a bit when she was trying to blow out the candles.  I tried to skip that section when I was slicing it for everyone.



Everyone hit the ice so quickly.  That's Ms. Kelly and Ms. Laura behind Jesse.  Kadee is hanging on there while Zac and Jonah are on their way.



Allie and Kadee....so sweet.

February2012_Jesse4birthday_0437_blog.jpg

Ms. Kelly and Jesse.  Peas in a Pod.  Kindred Spirits.  Bosom Buddies for life.



This is my son's rear end.  Notice the ice.  He spent most of the party on the ice...literally falling on it and laying on it and eating it.

February2012_Jesse4birthday_0360_blog.jpg

Here's Jesse and Kadee again...so happy.

February2012_Jesse4birthday_0449_blog.jpg

Kadee and her Mama ice skating together and enjoying a special mother daughter moment.



Egan is too cool to ice skate.  Way too cool.  Actually, I think he did a little, but I missed it.  Yep, but still so cool.



I couldn't keep up with her to get many pictures.  She was better than me.

February2012_Jesse4birthday_0439_blog.jpg

And this child, my sweet niece, Kadee, called me before the party and told me she was scared of ice skating.  I told her it was OK if she didn't skate.  It was so NOT a problem.  Girlfriend cut loose and did great.



So did he.  He was soaking wet at the end of the party.



Allie and her Mama here.  So cute!

February2012_Jesse4birthday_0418_blog.jpg

Coop!  Hey buddy.  You rocked.  You're so dang cute.



"But I want to open all my pink presents Mommy!"  Good grief.  It's my party and I'll cry if I want to...cry if I want to...cry if I want to...you would cry too if they kicked you out of the party room before you could open all your pink presents.  Sorry kiddo.  That wasn't fair.

February2012_Jesse4birthday_0468_blog.jpg

Look at the four of them...Jesse, Kadee, Cade and Jonah.  They look like experienced, seasoned ice skaters don't they?

February2012_Jesse4birthday_0469_blog.jpg

Yep, till the girls busted it.  Toe Pick!  (Name that movie.)  What's up with that face Jonah?  And sweet Cade is like...what's up with these people?



Hey Samantha, Cade and Cooper!  This is my college roommate...except she was smart and went to Pharmacy school while I studied airplanes at GA Tech.  She was the best roommate a girl could have.  I liked waking her up in the mornings.  It was like practicing for kids.  "Samantha, it's time to get up!"  I know she wanted to curse at me....I just know it...but she never did.

February2012_Jesse4birthday_0520_blog.jpg

I have to remind Jonah he can't marry his cousin sometimes.  I love the innocence in that.  I love that he thinks the world of her.



Oh Ella, the youngest.  Your time will come my dear...it will come.

February2012_Jesse4birthday_0360_blog.jpg

She inspires me.



And these Grandparents right here...I'm thankful to them every single day.  I'm thankful to them for raising a wonderful son and father to those two kids.  So, hey....I'm going to have to give this one up to Grandmommy...look at the two of them...she and Jesse.  Oh my.  There are times I see my side of the family in her, but this photo is all Grandmommy.  Wow.



And at last...Jonah was not happy about the end of the party.  Jesse really wanted to get home and open all of her wonderful pink presents.  Let's go!

And that's that...except I do need to share some basketball from the Winter months too.  That was a huge, wonderful part of our Winter and seriously one of our favorite sports now.

Thanks for bearing with me as I catch up...moments can't pass me by you know.  This is me putting a stop to that.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment