Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Harry and Jesse

My boy wrote me the sweetest letter on a napkin this week.  He said I was the best Mama ever and that I was beautiful and also that I was very "bisy."  I loved his sweet comments, but later I wondered if a child noticing that you are busy is a good thing.  I don't know?  Surely he recognizes that most of the reason I am busy is to somehow benefit him.  Shoot, he's too young for that realization.  Why do I worry about these things?  I'll just turn my concentration to the most important part of the letter...you know...the beautiful part.

One of the wonderful things about being a Mom is how beautiful they think we are.  It's brings me so much joy.  Kids do not see wrinkles and dark circles under our eyes from lack of sleep.  They see loving arms and well, beauty.

Halloween surely kept us up a lot and very busy.  It was a roller coaster week and in an ideal world, I could sit down and write a daily blog about it all, but that's just not going to happen.  I'm too "bisy."  But goodness, I surely wish that I could.

I've been about to explode to share some of it.

No doubt what Jonah wanted to be this year.  No doubt.  My Harry Potter fan wanted no other than to portray his favorite wizard.



And let me just say something here.  My blond haired, blue eyed child transformed pretty shockingly.  The dark hair, the scar, the glasses, the shirt and tie, oh my.  Buddy won the costume contest for being the "most transformed."  I still look at the pictures in disbelief.  Is that my boy?

IMG_1523_blog.jpg

Jesse had a pretty obvious choice as well.  When we watch Toy Story or pass by a Jessie doll in Target, she quickly shouts, "Look!  That's me!"  Sharing her name with the Toy Story celebrity has been quite amusing to her.   It made sense that she should be the cowgirl this year.



I decided to make her costume.  Yes, I decided to make her costume.  I thought it would be easy.  "It's just a cowgirl," I thought to myself.  But nothing is easy for a full-time working Mom with a busy life.  Oh, and one other thing...I can't sew!  Oh crap, that was a bad oversight.  Sorry I said crap.

IMG_1523_blog.jpg

I managed though.  Iron-on adhesive and a fabric pen folks.  Iron-on adhesive and a fabric pen.  Why am I repeating myself so much?

IMG_1453_blog.jpg

Who is that child with my daughter?

IMG_1563_blog.jpg

She was a Rootin' Tootin' Cowgirl.  Her daddy found her belt for me at the last minute.  Good job there daddy!  Have I told you how awesome you are lately?

IMG_1508_blog.jpg

No way he was going to scare off Voldemort with that face.

IMG_1523_blog.jpg

You see those cheeks?  I just can't get enough of them.

IMG_1563_blog.jpg

There should be a cowgirl tune playing here while Jesse walks off into the sunset.



And here's their sidekick, Luke.  The ferocious German Shepherd with the floppy ear.



I can't fool you with ferocious can I?  On a side note, Luke buddy has been so sick.  I'll have to tell you about it one day.  He's doing great now.  We are so happy to get a good night's sleep again.



Harry, "Oh no!"
Jesse, "What is it Harry?"
Harry, "I just realized something.  How am I going to fight Voldemort without Hermione??  All I have is you, a cowgirl with yellow flowers.  I'm doomed."
Jesse, "Do not underestimate me Harry!"

IMG_1563_blog.jpg

"Yes, I look sweet and pretty, but I'm a tough girl.  Voldemort has nothing on me."



"Oh, good grief.  I better practice my spells."

IMG_1563_blog.jpg

"Trust me wizard boy."



It's all worth it.  The wrinkles, the dark circles, the "bisy" and the tired.  It's all so worth it.

I love these two so dadgum much I can't stand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment