Thursday, June 30, 2011

Simple Things, Friends and the River

I had a girl's night last Thursday night.  I had a girl's day last Friday too.  I'm a lucky girl.  Before you read any further, I can just about guess you are imagining me shopping, sipping wine and getting a pedicure or something silly like that.  (Well now, I'm not going to knock that.  It sounds lovely as well.  That's just not what we had in mind this weekend.)

I did something really cool.

I felt the earth beneath my feet.
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

By the way, if you are not listening to the music that is playing along with this, that above couple of sentences might seem odd.  I'm not that poetic, but I do listen to lyrics.  Hey, it sets the mood.  I can't help myself.

The song made me think of us.  We are simple girls with not so simple minds and lots of ideas about what a girl can do.  How did my friend describe us?  Adventuresome.  Yep, that's what she said.  I agree.



We went here.  It's north.  It's clean and so incredibly beautiful.  I wish I could bottle the air and bring it home and fill my house with it.  Or maybe I just need to move there?  Great.  Now I need a beach house, a house in the city AND a house in the mountains.  Must win lotto.  Must win lotto.

IMG_9040_blog.jpg

The celebration started with really good food and spirits Thursday night.  Homemade guac and salsa and shrimp and chicken and steak.  Oh my, oh my!  Add some margaritas and hold everything folks...have you ever had a lime Martini?  You got to try this!  Cheryl rocked the Martini.



Heather rocked the guac.



Natalie rocked the grill.



We said something here.  Something really funny.  Where is my picture of Jill?  Oh well, she just rocks it all.

IMG_9053_blog.jpg

Naughty and...

IMG_9052_blog.jpg

Nice.



Just look at these beautiful, brilliant women.  I'm so blessed to be in their company.  But guys, that's a little boring.  Give me something else...



There we go.  I actually love both of these pictures.  The second one is probably my favorite from the night.




Just a little decor that caught my eye and made me smile.

On Friday morning, we loaded up after the most incredible blueberry pancakes and put some kayaks in a river near by.  Yeah, you heard that right.  Awesome ha?



Jill and Cheryl 'N Sync.



We had lunch on this rock.  It was lovely.



You see that tree growing out over the river?  It was really beautiful.



And my favorite photo.  Not because I'm in it.  It's because it captures the spirit.  We got the spirit.  (All river pictures courtesy of the other Heather and Cheryl.  Thanks guys!)

This is living life people.  You got to do this.

And finally, some quotes from the weekend...

"Space Camp!  I saw Space Camp and that was it.  Best movie ever."
"Wow, this is beautiful!"
"I need some grits."
"I'm in love."
"I just want to do dishes." (Heck of a view from the kitchen.)
"See, she's the biggest girl I know."
"There's roots on this cilantro."
"Her Mom puts on lipstick to go to the grocery...with dirty hands from working in the yard.  Her Dad walks around in his unders...even with company."
"When I went to Arizona...well,...I haven't actually been to Arizona."  (Odd pause, strange looks, freaking loud laughter.  Good one.)
"I got fake grass."
"Hot tub?"
"I'm in love."  Actually, I didn't say that one outloud...I just thought it again.
"I locked my bag in the closet.  Please help me!"
"What's that noise?"
"You've seen a bear out here?"
"Where's my Margarita?"  Oh no, I didn't actually say that.
"How can I sleep?  I'm too excited.  I can't sleep!"
"It's Ok.  It's OK."  (I still scream in my sleep.  Jill soothed me when I woke up wondering where the hell I was.  Jill is the most nurturing person I have ever met.  Incredible mother that Jill.)
"What is that?  What is she doing?"  "She's probably worried the truck won't start.  She was probably up all night.  God love her."
"I didn't  brush my teeth."
"She didn't move all night."
"Who's wearing make-up?"
"Left!  Left!  No, right!  Right!  You're other left!"
"Here comes the rain again...falling on my head like a memory..."
"Are there any snakes and gators out here?"  "Ha!  Are you kidding me?"
"Where's the damn orange and yellow bouey?  Must be soon.  Just around the next corner."  (Bout 2 hours later we found it.  It was the finish line.)
"I'll be on Craig's List looking for Kayaks!"
"Face the seats outboard."  "Damn AE's."  "Does the kayak need to go forward or aft?"  "Damn AE's"
"Ok, what's our next adventure?"

I love my friends.  Many more adventures to come.  I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun!!! Can't wait til our next adventure!!

    ReplyDelete