Sunday, September 5, 2010

Little League

It's that time again.  The afternoons are still pretty hot, but the mornings are incredible.  There's just enough chill to let us know it's on it's way.  Happy Fall.  And with that...my favorite little man sport is here...Fall baseball.  His first game was pretty freaking exciting.  I was cheering and screaming and jumping up like one of those I used to make fun of.  Oh well.  I'm one of them now.  And I love it!  His first game...on a blazing Saturday afternoon...yeah, it was blazingly good.


No way he or any of his teammates knew the score.  Well, maybe some of the more experienced.  I didn't even notice much the first inning.  Actually, I didn't want to look because it started off pretty bad.  Jonah seemed pretty out of it too.  I remember thinking...yeah, we're loosing...not sure by how much, but we are definately loosing.  Then, I looked.  12-0.  Oh my.  It's ok, right?  It's all for the fun of it, right?


In the mean time, I am such a sucker for a girl in a pink batting helmet.  Pink bat too?  I can hardly wait Jesse girl.  We have two girls on our team and they rock their pink and are dang good players.  Gosh, why didn't I have one of these?


Just peeking in here.  Hmmm.  Looking serious aren't they?


And then, the second or third inning..we started getting it.  Yeah, a hit here and there.  A few runs.  Ok, we can do this!  Jonah got some good hits.  He scored...he sacrificed one and got a man on third in.  I'm saying this like it was done purposely.  Then, well, our team, the Hobgood Knights,  came back to win 13-12 and I couldn't stand it.  I was jumping and screaming and we were cheering.  So exciting.  I ran on the field to give my boy a victory hug.




Huddle up.


Go KNIGHTS!!!


And then, what a treat.  Nothing better for a boy to have his Granddaddy witness his first game.  Victory carry to the car.  Way to go Jonah!  We are so proud of you!


Man, we are so glad to move up to coach pitch, play by real rules and see our boy learn the game like it should be played.  We're finally here.  You should skip to the next song now.  It's like...well...icing.

"Hello again, everybody.  It's a bee-yooo-tiful day for baseball."  Harry Caray

1 comment:

  1. Heather.. this is so great.. When my nephew was little, I took this song and made a movie slide show of his highlights. It was so cool! I will have to show it to you. Great minds think a like.. Go Jonah!

    ReplyDelete